Anderson Trojan volleyball players will participate in the 12the season of the Georgetown Summer Volleyball League, with games on Tuesday nights at Georgetown High School.
Anderson will be represented by JV and Varsity teams, competing against teams from Georgetown, Eastview, Connally, Westwood, McCallum, Hutto, Cedar Ridge, Cedar Creek, Bastrop, and Glenn.
GTown-summer-lge_VARSITY SCHEDULE 2017
GTown-summer-lge_JUNIOR VARSITY SCHEDULE 2017
*Week 1 schedule update!
The summer JV team will still play on Wednesday, May 10th, but in the G’town H.S. Lower Gym, on Court 1, as follows:
6:30pm vs Cedar Ridge 1
7:15pm vs Cedar Ridge 2
- Match play will consist of two rally point games to 25 with a 27 point cap.
- Score/ Book will be kept by paid bookkeepers and each team must provide one line judge for their own match.
- Certified officials will be provided by GSVL. Warm-up time is 4 minutes of shared hitting and 1 minute of shared serving.
- Timeouts are limited to 2 per game.
- Time between games is 2 minutes.
- League teams can play with less than 6 players, but teams must have at least 2 players to play a game. If you have a player arrive late they may step in and play at any time.
- Libero tracking will not be provided, coaches are on the honor system.
- The Libero will be allowed to serve in High School play, so we will follow that rule.
- All players must wear their summer league jersey to be able to play each night. Players also may not alter their League t-shirt without permission. This rule WILL BE ENFORCED.
- They MUST be on the summer league roster in order to play. Please abide by this rule for liability purposes and to make play fair.
- League nights are fast-paced and very hectic. If your team is not on time and ready to play, you may be forced to forfeit. POSTED MATCH TIME is 1st game forfeit, and then 15 minutes later is the 2nd game forfeit time.
- To help with time, matches can start up to 10 minutes early, except for the first match of the evening. Unfortunately, some nights may run behind, GSVL will do everything possible to keep things on time.
- Warm-up time is very short, so you may want to bring your own balls and warm-up outside. Georgetown volleyballs are not allowed outside and there will be absolutely no balls in the hallways or foyer.
- Please monitor your players and do not let them bring any outside food or drinks into the gyms. Player’s water bottles are okay.
- No outside chairs may be brought in.